- Why is revenge so tempting?
- Think about a time when you were tempted to seek revenge. Why? What was the result?
- Can you think of a time when someone tried to get revenge on you? Why? What was the result?
- Of seeing worship only as an event on Sunday, music, or music style and not seeing it as all of life.
- Of any bitterness. Repaying evil for evil by coldness, walls, indifference, hate.
- What are the 10 tests of worship according to God’s standard from Rom. 12?
- How are relationships tied to/connected to our worship?
- Do you have a difficult time with suffering unjustly? Why or Why not?
- How is the Bible realistic and not idealistic about overcoming evil with good?
- How could the verse “Vengeance is mine, says the Lord” be a comfort?
- What did Pastor Josh mean when he said, “If you hold a grudge, you doubt the Judge”?
- Read 1 Pet. 2:21-25. How did Jesus not seek revenge
- How is the cross not only the means of salvation, but also the way of life (our ethics, morals are shaped by the cross – a symbol of unjust suffering)
- What is your key thought that you took away from the sermon?
- Where did you find yourself saying, “But what about…”
- With whom are you going to share what God is doing in your life through this sermon?
- What are every day ways that you see yourself or others taking revenge?
- Who is a person that you need to continue to overcome evil with good?
- Are you holding a grudge with anyone?
- Faith Games – Friday through Sunday – 5:00 Dinner; 6:00 The Faith Games
- Summer Hours begin on June 25th (8:00 am; 9:45 am)
- Summer Sermon Series: Meals with Jesus.
- Love for Loudon – Clough Pond Beach Restoration (learn more on website)
- One-on-One Bible Reading Discipleship Initiative (learn more on website)
- Sunday School Class Survey – please fill out and bring back to office or do it online.