- When you first heard of “Christianity,” what did you think it’s message was? Why?
- Did you always believe in a “God who forgives”? Why or why not?
- Trampling the blood of Christ as a common thing in taking your forgiveness for granted.
- For not seeking his gracious forgiveness, but trying to earn his forgiveness.
- For not forgiving others as Christ has forgiven you.
- How does forgiveness assume sin?
- Why does Jesus call himself the Son of Man?
- Why are all of our sins primarily against God? (Psalm 51)
- In what way is authority related to forgiveness? Why does Jesus need authority to forgive sins? Consider that you are beaten up in an alley, robbed of your possessions, etc. Do I have the right, the authority, to go to the perpetrator and say, “I forgive you.” Why or why not?
- What does God do with our sins?