- Can you remember the first thing you wanted?
- Where are you seeing the tension between what you want and what you are getting?
- How do you picture an eroding hope?
- How do you picture an enduring hope?
- When you don’t get what you want, how do you view God?
- What misguided hopes do we have?
- What/who are we misguided about putting our hope in?
- Are you listening to a misguided crowd?
- What is hope?
- Give an example of something you hope for (hope of desire).
- Give an example of something you hope in (hope of trust).
- How is the “fear of the LORD” related to surrendering our hopes?
- What process did Mary step through to surrender her hopes to the Lord’s will?
- What step stood out to you the most (thinking, questions, getting into community)? Why?
- Why don’t we automatically surrender our hopes?
- Why should we surrender our hopes to the Lord?
- Share about an experience where gospel community helped you in the process of surrendering your hopes to God?
- Who is someone you could go to in community?
- What did Pastor Josh mean, when he said, “To imitate Mary, don’t outthink obedience”?