Scripture: 1 Kings 17:17-24
Title: A Prophet’s Proof
As you prepare for Sunday gathered, please start by reading Isaiah 45:5-7, and then the text for the sermon 1 Kings 17:17-24.
Then consider these questions:
- The death of a child is one of the most terrible tragedies a parent can experience. In verse 18, how do the widow’s words indicate her view of God in the face of this tragedy?
- What are your thoughts about Elijah’s accusatory tone in his cry to God in verse 20?
- What are your thoughts about God bringing “calamity” or even “evil?” (Isaiah 45:7)
- What is the difference in the nature of Elijah’s words in verse 20 and his plea in verse 21?
- Compare the widow’s words in v18 to her words in v24.
- How does she speak differently of Elijah?
- How does she speak differently of God?
- What are some of the ways God is glorified in this account?
See you Sunday!